Wednesday, April 30, 2008
“Stop listening to your MP3 player!” Glenn fumed.
“Ok, ok. Stop shouting!” I said while taking off my MP3 player. I was in Amazon doing some research on some rare species. I was busy researching that I did not notice my MP3 player had dropped. I turned around and saw the light of the MP3 player. It was a distance away. I was about to pick it up when a huge elephant accidentally stepped on it. “My MP3 player!” I shouted angrily. Extremely angrily. I took a sharp twig beside me and threw it at the elephant.
“Stupid elephant!” I shouted as I threw another twig at the elephant. This time, the elephant got irritated and it charged towards me!
“Ahhh!” I screamed at the top of my lungs as I ran for my life. My friends, Glenn, Darryl and Ryan saw it and shouted together “Into the river!”
“Splash.” As we hid into the river. We watched as the elephant went off. I heaved a sign of relief.
“Ouch!” I exclaimed, “Who touch my leg!” I turned around and to my utter shock, it is a crocodile! A fierce one. I quickly dodged it and my friends immediately pulled me up to the land.
“What a close shave! Thanks for saving me twice.” I said as I took a deep breath. We went back to our camp and to our surprise; we saw a group of tribal people.
“Hide!” Glenn shouted as he pulled me into a thick bush to hide. But unfortunately, Darryl and Ryan were caught by those tribal people.
“We got to think of a plan to save our friends. We got to.” I said softly to Glenn.
After much thinking, we had thought of a plan. Glenn took a gun in his pocket and fired a shot.
“Bang!” a gun shot was heard. According to our plan, the tribal really followed the source of the sound, leaving Darryl and Ryan unguarded. So we took the golden oppocurnity and went to help Darryl and Ryan.
“So you are the one who fired the shot. What a great plan!” Darryl said. I smiled as I quickly untied them. We quickly took our things and escaped.
But unfortunately, one of the tribal people saw us and fired an arrow. Luckily, it only hit my leg but I was too weak that I could not even walk. I started to shudder as fear engulfed me. Shiver went down my spine. From the look of his eyes, I knew he was not going to let me off. Is this the end of me? Am I going to die? I closed my eyes waiting for death. One second passed, I waited. Two second, I waited and waited. Three second passed, I heard a loud screamed. I opened my eyes!
To my utter shock, I saw Glenn lying unconsciously in front of me in a pool of blood. Blood was oozing out profusely. The tribal guy might have been frightened and he ran away. I was crying profusely as Darryl and Ryan tried to console me. Why? Why must it be you? Why must you sacrifice for me? Why? I looked at the sky. Bring him back! Please bring him back! But nothing happened.
I would never forget how Glenn had risked his life to save me. Glenn, who rather dies for me than saving his own life, did the most courageous act. He had saved my life. Thank you, Glenn! Thanks for saving my life!
Written by: Jabby Yap =)